Monday, June 22, 2015

My Garden Birdwatch 2015







It had been unusually hot and dry in Kuala Lumpur, previous few days before the start of My Garden Birdwatch 2015. That Sunday morning was bright by 7am, hot and quite windless. Never noticed the big flock of pigeons that were perching and walking about the different levels of neighbour's condo block. The pigeons may be nesting on the ledges of neighbour's condo block. Common Myna (2) were having a good meal of what looked like the remnants of a palm oil fruit, until Javan Myna came to share it but it was chased away by pair of Common Myna. Completed my count at 7.30am.

Left rooftop garden by 7.45am, with Asian Koel continuing its call well after that. Shared the joy of
participating in MYGB 2015 with my nephew during Sunday lunch. Garden birds sighted that Sunday morning were recorded and submitted online through My Garden Birdwatch 2015's website. Very interesting to see 10 different species of birds in half an hour on a rooftop garden within KL. Can't wait to see the results of MYGB Survey 2015 which according to the website will be announced on 31st August 2015, Malaysia's 58th Independence Day celebration. MYGB 2015 is a very interesting non-profit project run by the Bird Conservation Council of Malaysian Nature Society. Count sheet contained lovely photographs of Malaysian Garden Birds, copyrighted to MNS.  


3 comments:

  1. My Garden Birdwatch poster you gave me is now up on the wall in my school in Puchong, KL. Remind me to send you the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swimming pool at Rooftop got nice view of Genting Highlands at night when there are clear skies and no haze! The bakery at your condo ground floor, serves Chee Cheong Fun. The mini market sells newspapers like the Malay Mail but must go early.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We went to My Garden Birdwatch booth at Publika Shopping Gallery one of the weekends earlier in 2015. You bought Citizen Science T-shirt. I bought chocolate cake for your friend who was one of the volunteers at the booth.

    ReplyDelete

Brickbats and Bouquets welcomed but not Internet trolls

Tropicbird versus Frigatebirds